See all press releases >>
See all press releases >>
- The Wayne State University Office of Undergraduate Admissions has partnered with Burton International Academy’s counseling department to adopt its middle school wing.
The university will provide mentors to eighth grade students, as well as...Jun 18 2013
- Wayne State University breakthrough research of essential molecule reveals important targets in diabetes and obesity
- DETROIT – Insulin is the most potent physiological anabolic agent for tissue-building and energy storage, promoting the storage and synthesis of lipids, protein and carbohydrates, and inhibiting their breakdown and release into the circulatory...Jun 18 2013
- ADVISORY - National urban planning and community building experts to speak at Wayne State University
- WHAT: “Joy: in the Midst of Transition” – The 2013 Van Dusen Urban Leadership Forum - Nationally renowned urban planning, art activists and design experts converge in Detroit to discuss using joy and happiness as catalysts to urban...Jun 17 2013
- The Wayne State University Technology Resource Center’s Faculty Support Team, led by Associate Professor Geralyn Stephens, was named a winner of the Blackboard Catalyst Award for Staff Development, which honors community members who use...Jun 17 2013
- Wayne State welcomes undergraduates from around the country for physics research experience
- DETROIT — On June 6, professors in Wayne State University’s Department of Physics kicked off WSU’s only National Science Foundation-funded (NSF) Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) program. This program aims to give...Jun 17 2013
- The Supreme Court ruled June 13 in a unanimous decision that human genes cannot be patented, even when a company has spent millions on research to isolate those genes.
Wayne State University Law School Associate Professor Lance Gable, a public...Jun 14 2013
- National urban planning and community building experts to speak at Wayne State University
- Can joy and happiness be used as catalysts for urban revitalization? The 2013 Van Dusen Urban Leadership Forum at Wayne State University will pair nationally renowned urban planning, creative and design experts with existing and emerging community...Jun 13 2013
- MetroArts Detroit - Season II Begins Airing on Detroit Public Television, June 22
- DETROIT (12 June, 2013) – The second season of MetroArts Detroit, produced at Wayne State University, will begin airing on Detroit Public Television, Channel 56, Saturdays at 5:30 p.m., starting on June 22, 2013.
The...Jun 13 2013
- Wayne Law dean visits China to promote new LL.M. program
- A growing number of students from China are expected to study at Wayne State University Law School in 2014 — a result of the school’s decision to offer a master’s degree in U.S. law and its vigorous outreach efforts to promote...Jun 10 2013
- National security law expert available to discuss NSA leaks and the aftermath
- National security law expert Paul Dubinsky, associate professor of law at Wayne State University Law School, is avidly following the ongoing situation of former CIA employee Edward Snowden exposing the National Security Agency’s data...Jun 10 2013
- Distinguished social work professor teaches storytelling therapy to Greek practitioners
- “Reciprocal storytelling” is a powerful psychotherapeutic tool in child psychotherapy, permitting children and therapists a simple though highly effective and creative means through which emotional conflicts, disturbing fantasies, and...Jun 10 2013
- Wayne State University College of Nursing Research Day 2013 showcases work of faculty and students
- The Wayne State University College of Nursing’s Office of Health Research (OHR) honored colleagues and showcased scientific inquiries and innovative projects during Research Day 2013.
Nancy Artinian, associate dean for research and director...Jun 6 2013
- Wayne State University board elects Dr. M. Roy Wilson as 12th president
- Wayne State University’s Board of Governors voted unanimously today to elect M. Roy Wilson, M.D., M.S., as the University’s 12th President, effective August 1, 2013. Debbie Dingell, chair of the Board of Governors, made the...Jun 5 2013
- Detecting Lead Hotspots in Urban Gardens Requires Different Sampling Strategies according to Wayne State research
- DETROIT — The local food movement is gaining traction in cities across America, with urban gardens contributing a healthy source of fresh produce for local citizens as well as providing a social outlet for gardeners and creating open spaces...Jun 5 2013
- Southeast Michigan Purchasing Managers Index shows sharp increase signaling growth in economy
- DETROIT— The Southeast Michigan economy experienced accelerated growth according to the May Southeast Michigan Purchasing Managers Index (PMI). The May index value is 61.2 representing a sharp rise from the April index of 55.3. Southeast...Jun 4 2013
- Wayne State University Law School honored for diversity outreach
- Ten American law schools were honored as finalists in the Law School Admission Council Inc.’s annual Diversity Matters Award, and among them was Wayne State University Law School — the only Michigan law school named.
The award goes to a...Jun 4 2013
- Wayne State University researchers seek to determine impacts of differential speed limits on state freeways
- DETROIT – Years of research have produced mixed views on whether different freeway speed limits for cars and trucks make roads safer, but Wayne State University researchers are taking a comprehensive approach to answering that question for...Jun 3 2013
- Wayne State’s Maggie Allesee Department of Theatre and Dance is connecting with the community through the launch of its Detroit Youth Theatre and Dance Journey.
The outreach program kicked off June 3 with the anti-bullying-themed play...Jun 3 2013
- Professor goes public over pet coke concerns
- Mountains of petroleum coke — a byproduct of oil refining from tar sands in Alberta, Canada — have drawn public concern from politicians, environmental experts, community activists, business owners and residents in the southwest Detroit...May 31 2013
- Wayne State's Wednesday Farmers Market opens June 5
- Wayne State University will kick off summer with its weekly Wednesday Farmers Market, offering fresh locally grown vegetables, fruit, herbs, flowers, honey, baked goods, and several hot and cold lunch options.
The market opens June 5 and will run...May 31 2013
- MACKINAC ISLAND, Mich. – Michigan's University Research Corridor (URC) is proving to be a powerful business incubator for students and alumni, playing a dramatically increased role in nurturing start-up efforts and providing a boost to...May 31 2013
- Wayne State University's Forum on Contemporary Issues in Society (FOCIS) will hold two community discussions and workshops on June 6 and 13 at the International Institute of Metropolitan Detroit. The free events, titled “What would you...May 30 2013
- Civil and environmental engineering professor wins national new faculty award for dynamic teaching
- DETROIT (May 29, 2013) – If there’s one thing Shawn McElmurry, Wayne State University professor of civil and environmental engineering, brings with him into the classroom, it’s enthusiasm. Since joining WSU in 2008, his No. 1...May 29 2013
- DETROIT – Long life, healthy body, sharp brain, caring friends: top goals for any older adult. The Healthier Black Elders Reception, hosted by Wayne State’s Institute of Gerontology, specifically educates Detroit’s older African...May 29 2013
- 1960s Bonstelle Theatre poster exhibit opens at Reuther Library
- To coincide with the 110th anniversary of the construction of what is now the Bonstelle Theatre, a new exhibit featuring a selection of Bonstelle Theatre posters from the early 1960s recently opened in the Leonard Woodcock Gallery at the Reuther...May 29 2013
- Wayne Law students to intern with international businesses
- Four Wayne State University law students will spend this summer as interns exploring the world of international business and law.
Their placements around the globe are made possible by Wayne Law’s dynamic and expanding Program for...May 24 2013
- Ballgame fundraiser honors legacy of public interest attorney
- Ten years ago, friends of the late public interest attorney Mark Weiss, a 1969 alumnus of Wayne State University Law School, created a fundraiser to honor his legacy.
Today, that event — Mark Weiss Day at Comerica Park — is...May 24 2013
- Understanding differences in job commitment types can lead to better correctional employees, Wayne State University researcher finds
- DETROIT — Commitment to the job by correctional staff members cannot be bought but must be earned by an organization, a Wayne State University researcher believes.
A study by Eric Lambert, Ph.D., professor and chair of criminal justice in the...May 23 2013
- Wayne State University chair selected for national leadership program
- DETROIT — Ratna Naik, Ph.D., chair and professor of physics and astronomy in Wayne State University’s College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, has been selected as a fellow for the 2013-14 Executive Leadership in Academic Technology &...May 23 2013
- Wayne State receives second year funding from the New Economy Initiative to build technology commercialization efforts
- DETROIT — Wayne State University received notice of a $820,398 grant from the New Economy Initiative for Southeast Michigan (NEI) that will continue to support the Technology Commercialization Office’s efforts to expand and improve the...May 22 2013