- Carmen Gamlin Computer Helpdesk Support Intern/Co-op at Detroit Law Firm - Send Resumes to Carmen Gamlin by Friday
- 8:11 AM Dec 9
- Carmen Gamlin Body Component Engineering Opportunity - BSME Apply today (US, PR and OPT)
- 3:24 AM Dec 9
- scholarscooperative Digital Publishing and the Semantic Web?
- 8:00 PM Dec 8
- Nick DeNardis Web Changelog - Week of December 2, 2013
- 3:44 AM Dec 7
- renee Project Four: Constrained Systems
- 5:18 PM Dec 6
Wayne State librarian has a need for speed
Librarian Cindy Krolikowski knows what it means to race against the clock - she's been doing it competitively for nearly 30 years as a co-driver with her husband, Henry, in professional rally competitions around the world.
As co-driver, Cindy's responsible for all navigation tasks throughout the two-day competitions. Their 2000 Subaru WRX STI must handle hair-pin curves, rough mountainous terrain, and snow and rain at speeds in excess of 90 to100 mph.
Armed with several navigation tools, she maps their route while offering frequent verbal directions about upcoming road conditions and turns.
Since their first competition in 1983, the Krolikowskis have won two national-class championships and several regionals, including six straight open-class regional championships since 2007.
In 2006, Cindy, partnering with a different driver, finished in the top 25 in the World Rally in Mexico and has successfully competed with a female friend in an international rally in Jamaica.
Cindy says she tried her hand at driving but prefers to be a co-driver in the predominantly male sport. "I once rolled my car over and down a ravine, resulting in some heavy damage to the vehicle. Being the co-driver is fine with me."