- Veronica Bielat Condition of Education 2013 released
- 1:23 PM May 23
- as1735 Mechanical engineers most in demand in southeast Michigan
- 5:49 AM May 23
- Carmen Gamlin Make Wayne State's CSO Your First Check for Engineering Career Opportunities
- 11:58 AM May 21
- Matthew Fredericks The Point of Contact
- 11:42 AM May 20
- Kevin Piotrowski Cavalcade of Food - Mock Spinach Pie Casserole
- 11:21 AM May 20
Wayne State on TwitterView all
- The artist known as @mymrlittlejeans isn't a mister - Her real name is Monica Birkenes this & more tonight on @EchoesRadio. 10:02 PM May 23 2013
- Here's our interview with @MovementDetroit artist Erika @schnitzelmeow http://t.co/TKGjI7UzNI ! See her 5/27 5pm Made in #Detroit stage 9:43 PM May 23 2013
- Alpha is Here. #Electronic Music & Progressive #Soul from @wdet #Detroit. Just in time for @MovementDetroit. #alphadetroit #techno 9:31 PM May 23 2013
- It’s that time of year - time for graduations & commencement addresses.what advice would you give to today’s graduating class? #CraigShow 9:15 PM May 23 2013
- Let's Go @DetroitRedWings! 8:10 PM May 23 2013
Young professionals needed to help revitalize Detroit
The Detroit Revitalization Fellows Program is looking for a few more good men and women to help advance Detroit's renewal and build upon the ongoing success of its 2011-13 cohort program.
In 2011, 650 young professionals from across the country applied for 29 opportunities to move to Detroit and work for a variety of local organizations. Those fellows have made significant contributions to their employers and the vast majority plan to remain in Detroit when their commitments end.
Wayne State University, which administers the program, is now accepting applications for the next class of fellows, who will begin their assignments in August.
"Our current fellows are well educated and talented professionals," said Ned Staebler, WSU vice president for economic development. "We see the impact they are making and we are anxious to recruit more of these leaders to join in the revitalization of Detroit."
Organizations are encouraged to apply to participate in the Detroit Revitalization Fellows as employers. Fellows will be placed in organizations that contribute to the revitalization of the city, with a focus on:
- Real estate finance and development
- Community and economic development
- Land use planning/implementation of the Detroit Future City Strategic Framework
- Workforce development
The deadline to apply is March 6. Additional information, eligibility requirements and the application form can be found at wayne.edu/detroitfellows.
The Kresge Foundation, the Ford Foundation, the Hudson-Webber Foundation, the Skillman Foundation, the DTE Energy Foundation and Wayne State University have funded the program.