- Matthew Fredericks The Point of Contact
- 11:42 AM May 20
- Kevin Piotrowski Cavalcade of Food - Mock Spinach Pie Casserole
- 11:21 AM May 20
- Veronica Bielat Push against impact factors
- 7:34 AM May 17
- Dollar Sophia Free Fitness Assessment
- 7:43 AM May 16
- Veronica Bielat APA Publication Manual 6th edition now available in e-formats.
- 6:09 AM May 16
Wayne State on TwitterView all
- Research Associate http://t.co/vnbqWgMjII #waynestate #jobs 10:23 AM May 21 2013
- Research Assistant http://t.co/d6PswlQYks #waynestate #jobs 10:23 AM May 21 2013
- President Obama is speaking about the devastation in Oklahoma. Listen Live at wdet 101.9 fm. 10:13 AM May 21 2013
- If you're a @WayneStateCFPCA major/minor you're creative, talented, so enter our Cool Programs contest: http://t.co/HYepoU5ejC #fpcastudent 10:02 AM May 21 2013
Give the gift of life and help Wayne State win the Campus Challenge
Last year, the Wayne State campus community honored a late student's wish by registering to give the gift of life.
Rebecca Joy Butler, 20, was pursuing a marketing degree at the university when she was diagnosed with a rare lung disease. While waiting for a transplant, Rebecca learned that 100,000 people were also awaiting organs and made it her mission to start a donor registry at WSU. She died in May 2011, still waiting for a lung.
In her memory, Rebecca's parents and sorority sisters spearheaded a campus-wide campaign to increase the number of registered organ donors, ultimately registering 1,133 supporters at WSU and winning the Gift of Life Campus Challenge.
More than 3 percent of the campus registered - the second-highest percentage of any participating school.
"Everyone we encountered was open to what we said and willing to help. I definitely think we will be able to top last year because we have a great team of volunteers and are reaching out to more of the campus community and surrounding area," says Kaitlin Muklewicz, 2013 student director for the WSU Gift of Life Campus Challenge.
Through Feb. 21, Michigan colleges and universities are competing to have the most people join the state's donor registry.
To add your name, visit www.giftoflifemichigan.org/go/wayne.