- Carmen Gamlin Make Wayne State's CSO Your First Check for Engineering Career Opportunities
- 11:58 AM May 21
- Matthew Fredericks The Point of Contact
- 11:42 AM May 20
- Kevin Piotrowski Cavalcade of Food - Mock Spinach Pie Casserole
- 11:21 AM May 20
- Veronica Bielat Push against impact factors
- 7:34 AM May 17
- Dollar Sophia Free Fitness Assessment
- 7:43 AM May 16
Wayne State on TwitterView all
- Baseball Alumni Weekend Set for Sept. 14-15 http://t.co/nZNWAukQAF 1:30 PM May 22 2013
- Prof stylist @kwebimageinc tells @TellMeMoreNPR how she helps pro athletes step up their fashion game. http://t.co/NFtbwwDH1l 1:03 PM May 22 2013
- #Alpha has arrived: 24/7 electronic music. Celebrate its launch w/ @wdet tonight at Skybar #Detroit. http://t.co/eBcdsAQXSv 12:52 PM May 22 2013
- RT @jvdet: Michigan Amber Alerts Have Record Of Success http://t.co/cQvcRfNhf6 @michstatepolice 12:46 PM May 22 2013
Wayne State University Press announces 2013 releases and holiday sale
It looks like 2013 is going to be another page-turner for the Wayne State University Press. Several highly anticipated new works are scheduled for release early in the year.
Revolution Detroit: Strategies for Urban Reinvention by John Gallagher, a Detroit Free Press reporter, follows up on his 2010 book, Reimagining Detroit. It looks at the Motor City's successes and failures in confronting its considerable challenges, and explores lessons learned from cities like Philadelphia and Manchester, England.
National Book Award-winning author Gloria Whelan's Living Together is due in March. The collection of short stories and a novella focuses on people living together who have reached a crisis point.
Another release in the acclaimed Made in Michigan Writers Series is The Way North: Collected Upper Peninsula New Works, which includes 49 poems and 20 stories showcasing life in the U.P. The book, edited by Ron Riekki, will be released in May.
"We continue to support Michigan writers and produce important works of interest and concern to Michiganders," says Jane Hoehner, director of the press.
Get up to 40 percent off during the press's holiday book sale when you shop the newly redesigned wsupress.wayne.edu. The sale runs through Jan. 15.