- as1735 Mechanical engineers most in demand in southeast Michigan
- 5:49 AM May 23
- Carmen Gamlin Make Wayne State's CSO Your First Check for Engineering Career Opportunities
- 11:58 AM May 21
- Matthew Fredericks The Point of Contact
- 11:42 AM May 20
- Kevin Piotrowski Cavalcade of Food - Mock Spinach Pie Casserole
- 11:21 AM May 20
- Veronica Bielat Push against impact factors
- 7:34 AM May 17
Wayne State on TwitterView all
- Joyce Draganchuk - 1986: will preside over Ingham County's new business court. She was elected in November 2004... http://t.co/Lx4M2qq4Kr 10:50 AM May 23 2013
- TODAY on @CraigFahle: A new petition exists to get around an issue that Gov. Snyder has vetoed. How is this possible? #CraigShow 10:05 AM May 23 2013
- RT @detroitperforms: This weekend at Hart Plaza the 2013 Movement Electronic Music Festival!... http://t.co/AAxGLzF61S 10:03 AM May 23 2013
- We are all news publishers in social media. What stories do you want to tell? I'd like to share positive news on #detroit & @waynestate 9:56 AM May 23 2013
- Mechanical engineers most in demand in southeast Michigan: Mechanical engineers are the most in demand job in... http://t.co/UKfVnJSOJL 9:54 AM May 23 2013
Tony V. breathes new life into Alvin's
When the construction dust finally settles at 5756 Cass, a new restaurant will emerge on the former site of Alvin's, located just a few feet north of the Academic/Administrative Building.
Scheduled to open in early 2013, Tony V's Tavern will offer a menu geared to the lunch, dinner and late-night crowds. Pizzas prepared in a brick oven, specialty salads, appetizers, and a selection of drinks will be available from 11 a.m. to 2 a.m. Live music also will be featured on weekends in a venue accommodating up to 160 patrons.
Another perk is the adjacent parking structure providing 128 spots exclusively for Tony V's Tavern customers.
Owner Anton "Tony" Vulaj, 42, is no stranger to the Wayne State community. Vulaj, who at the age of 16 traveled solo to the U.S. from his native Montenegro (formerly Yugoslavia), has established successful businesses along the way including the Olympic Grill on Warren and Campus Diner on Cass, a couple blocks south of the new restaurant.
Vulaj says he chose the location for his new tavern primarily for one reason: "The Wayne State community is great!"
For restaurant opening updates, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 248-773-1325.