- Carmen Gamlin Make Wayne State's CSO Your First Check for Engineering Career Opportunities
- 11:58 AM May 21
- Matthew Fredericks The Point of Contact
- 11:42 AM May 20
- Kevin Piotrowski Cavalcade of Food - Mock Spinach Pie Casserole
- 11:21 AM May 20
- Veronica Bielat Push against impact factors
- 7:34 AM May 17
- Dollar Sophia Free Fitness Assessment
- 7:43 AM May 16
Wayne State on TwitterView all
- In Praise of the Less-Than-Earnest Commencement Speech. TODAY on @thetakeaway 9:19 AM May 22 2013
- Ex-Detroit library official charged with taking $1.4 million in bribes via @freep #detroit http://t.co/UgNKYj86RN 8:31 AM May 22 2013
- Scene from Detroit: Trees in Detroit. Pic: @matte_wdet. What're you seeing today? Share your pics by tweeting @wdet. http://t.co/1RHAHfB6Vw 6:01 AM May 22 2013
Wayne State faculty encouraged to apply for Fulbrights
Wayne State's strength as a research institution comes in part from its commitment to a global exchange of ideas, and no one appreciates the value of international study more than Jaclyn Assarian, associate director of international programs.
Assarian, who has a master's in international education from the George Washington University and speaks French and Spanish, is a Southeast Michigan native who moved home this spring after spending several years administering Fulbright Scholar Programs for the Middle East and North Africa in Washington, D.C.
She believes WSU faculty are excellent candidates for Fulbright awards, and she is passionate about raising awareness of the program.
"Because Wayne State is a large research institution in a big urban area with a fairly international population, our faculty can make an extremely good case to the selection committee that their experience will have a positive ripple effect throughout a large and diverse student body," Assarian said. "This is what the Fulbright program wants to see."
Faculty members can learn more about Fulbright opportunities by contacting Assarian at 313-577-9319 or email@example.com. Visit the Office of International Programs at www.oip.wayne.edu.