- WSU Pre-Health Words of Wisdom From Northern Pakistan
- 9:57 AM Dec 9
- Carrie Leach Institute of Gerontology Research Report
- 8:19 AM Dec 9
- Carmen Gamlin Computer Helpdesk Support Intern/Co-op at Detroit Law Firm - Send Resumes to Carmen Gamlin by Friday
- 8:11 AM Dec 9
- Carmen Gamlin Body Component Engineering Opportunity - BSME Apply today (US, PR and OPT)
- 3:24 AM Dec 9
- scholarscooperative Digital Publishing and the Semantic Web?
- 8:00 PM Dec 8
Get fit and get paid with Wayne State's Wellness Warriors
If one of your goals for 2014 and beyond is to be fit, then consider Wayne State University’s Wellness Warriors program.
From nutrition counseling and group fitness classes to screenings and smoking cessation, the program has something for everyone looking to improve their health.
You can even earn a monetary incentive just for enrolling.
“We’d love to see more employees participating in this wonderful program offered to them,” says Sophia Dollar, wellness coordinator. “You can participate at your own level. No one is ever kicked out.”
Mario Chaney, a marketing specialist, has been a dedicated Wellness Warrior for three years. “I joined because I was concerned about my health and wanted to take control of it,” Chaney says. “I’ve lost a ton of weight, gained friendships and I’m living a healthier lifestyle.”
There are more than 1,200 registered participants, but there is room for more.
Current Wellness Warriors are invited to refer co-workers to receive up to $50 and a free t-shirt.
Full time benefit-eligible employees can join the 2014 Wellness Warriors program Oct. 29 through Nov. 22. For more information or to enroll, visit wellness.wayne.edu/enrollment.php