Five specific goals result from Wayne State’s strategic vision, articulating its aspirations and providing the framework for a continuing pursuit of excellence in scholarship, research and community enrichment.
Wayne State University has pledged to:
- anticipate, understand and prepare for the future of higher education
- promote student success through the university
- strengthen the research enterprise
- develop a sustainable revenue model to allow continued growth and improvement
- improve community engagement
These goals support our purpose to maintain Wayne State’s stature as one of the nation’s most respected public research universities. National recognition is not an end in itself, however; what matters most is how Wayne State’s progress as shaped by these goals will position the university to benefit its students and, ultimately, the city, state, nation and world.